How to use Google Meet
this guide will walk you through how to use Meet and explain some of its features.
Click on the padlock in the address bar at the top, to check to see if the microphone is enabled or not.
If microphone is still muted, there is a shortcut for muting/unmuting the microphone.
Press Control + D, it should unmute the microphone if it is muted.
If microphone is still not working:
- On your Chromebook, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click the icon with the 3 dots then choose Settings.
- Under Privacy and security, click Site settings.
- Click the arrow next to meet.google.com
- Check the Microphone setting and make sure that it is set to Allow.
If you still can't get the microphone to work go to the Support page on online.re3j.com to contact or make an appointment with the Technology department.
Click here for a document with basic troubleshooting tips for resolving issues with audio and video when using a Chromebooks to participate in Google Meet sessions.